Friday 17 February 2012

Endless Tears: Chapter 14

“Hyemi!” I called out as I entered the room.

She was smiling as she saw me. And, she was getting paler.

“Ho… ya,” she tried to call my name.

I smiled as I took several steps closer to her.

I sat on her bed. “Today, let’s go out and play,” I said to her, as she gave me a weird look.

I smiled and she nodded, agreed to my suggestion.

I brought her out from the hospital and we went to the nearby river in that morning.

“Where?” she asked as I pushed her wheelchair.

“We’re going to a date,” I said, knelt down beside her wheelchair and locked the wheel.

 “Why?” she asked, as I removed her legs from the chair.

“Let’s walk and hold hands,” I said and I pulled her hands.

She shook her head. “I… walk… really… slow,” she told me, escaping her hands from my grip.

“I’ll walk with you. Come on,” I convinced her and took her hands once again.

I pulled her up, making her to stand beside me. I placed my right hand on her waist and intertwined my left hand into her left hand.

She looked at me with her unconfident look. She was hesitated.

“It’s okay, follow my lead. We’re walking at your pace,” I said, convincing her.

We walked along the riverbank really slow as we gazed at the beautiful morning scenery.

“Are you tired?” I asked her as we sat on the bench.

She shook her head and smiled. “I’m… happy,” she muttered.

“I’m glad,” I said, hugging her shoulder.

“Thank… you,” she thanked. “Ho… ya… is… the… best,” she said as she smiled.

I stood up and took her hands in mine.

“Let’s go to the next place,” I said as I lifted her and put her on the wheelchair again.

I took her to a boutique. She gave her question look.

“We’re going to wear beautiful clothes,” I explained to her as the guys were at the entrance.

“Hi, Hyemi,” Dongwoo hyung said and smiled to her.

She lowered her head to them and gave them the faint smile of hers.

“You go with the nuna,” I said to her as the boutique instructor took away her wheelchair from me.

“Hyung, you’re so kind,” Sungjong said to me as Sungyeol put his hand on my shoulder.

“I want to do whatever I can for her,” I said. “She has to live her life faster than anyone else,” I explained.

“She must be your life back then,” Woohyun hyung commented.

“She’s still is,” I replied, throwing an awkward laugh. “She knew me better than anyone else and she always surprised me on how well she knew me back then,” I said. “She talked a lot back then. But, right now, it is so hard to even say a few words,” I uttered, sighing.

“Be strong, hyung,” Myungsoo said to me.

“Yeah, you should get changed too,” Sungkyu hyung said, patting my back.

I nodded and I took the black tuxedo from the wardrobe.

After I suited up, I went to the front door, meeting the guys.

“You’re very handsome, hyung,” Sungjong said and clapped. I smiled.

“The bride is also ready,” the boutique instructor said as she pushed the wheelchair.

Hyemi was there, looking very beautiful. I smiled as I saw her.

“The car is outside,” Dongwoo hyung informed.

“Let’s go to the church,” Woohyun hyung told, tapped my shoulder.

I walked to Hyemi. “Let’s go,” I said as I pushed her wheelchair.

We were in the car, on the way to the church.

“Why?” she asked.

I chuckled. “You asked ‘why’ a lot today,” I said, playing with her fingers.

She looked at me, wanting the answer.

“We’re creating memories,” I told her. “So, you have to remember this day, until the end,” I claimed. “Don’t you dare to forget,” I warned and laughed.

“Thank… you,” she muttered.

“Let’s get married,” I said as the car stopped.

I lifted her to the entrance.

“Wheel… chair,” she said to me.

“Let’s walk, like a real wedding,” I said, intertwining my hand with hers. It was perfectly fit.

We walked, really slow, passing the audiences seat which was filled by INFINITE’s members and Hyojin nuna.

“We’re here to witness a wedding between Lee Howon and Shim Hyeyoung,” Sungkyu hyung started as he dressed as a priest.

We looked at each other, smiling.

“Lee Howon, do you willing to be with Shim Hyeyoung, to love, respect and take care of her, in rich and poor, hard and easy times?” he asked.

“I do,” I answered in an instant.

“Shim Hyeyoung, do you willing to receive the love of Lee Howon, to be with him, in easy and hard times?” he asked.

She looked at me, in my eyes. I smiled. “I… do,” she stuttered.

“You can exchange ring,” Sungkyu hyung ordered as Myungsoo came over with the rings.

I slipped the ring into her fourth finger. Myungsoo handed her the ring for me.

But, all of sudden, the ring fell from her grip. She looked at me with guilty look. I smiled at her, to assure that it was fine. I bent down to reach the ring. I put it in her palm, and motioned her fingers with my own hand. I was literally slipped the ring myself into my finger.

“I announced you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride,” Sungkyu hyung declared.

I placed my hand on her waist, and leaned in. Our lips were touched, in a sweet kiss. I pulled away as I saw she cried while smiling.

The guys threw petals at us.

“Let’s take pictures,” Hyojin nuna said while waving the camera in her hands.

“Let’s go,” I said as I pulled her hand.

We took many pictures, but the most important thing was I did what she wanted even though it wasn’t as much as every other boyfriend could. Even though the wedding was fake, I felt it as the real one. It felt so real for me.

No comments: