Friday 10 February 2012

Endless Tears: Chapter 9

“Hey, when we got new coordinator?” Woohyun hyung asked, as he entered the dressing room.

“Really?” I asked. “When? I don’t know we got a new one,” I claimed.

“What happened to the old one?” Sungyeol asked. I shrugged, we all did.

“That one is a substitute coordinator,” Sungkyu hyung cleared up. “And, I think the other coordinator nuna fall sick, I guess so,” he continued as we all mouthed an “Oh” at his statement.

“Boys, come here,” our manager, Jungyeol hyung called.

We all went to the wardrobe as he called from there.

“Here, Joanne Shim, substitute coordinator for today’s events,” he introduced as I shocked.

“Please take care of me,” she said, even though after saw me, she remained profesional.

I looked at her face, her figure. It was indeed her, Hyojin nuna. I found her.

That day, we went to events with her. I stared at her, like all day long. I couldn’t help but stared at her, thinking about how I can go and talk about Hyemi.

“Hyung, is she your ex girlfriend?” Myungsoo asked, from behind my shoulder.

“No, not that,” I denied. “Why would ask such a question?” I hissed at him.

“I’m sorry but you’re staring at her,” he said and frowned.

“Dude, you’re checking her out,” Dongwoo hyung said to me, slapping my arm.

“No, I’m not,” I yelled, and gained a “Shush” from both of them.

“She’s hot, by the way. I can totally understand you,” Dongwoo hyung said to me, grinning.

“Oh, shut up,” I said and rolled my eyes while walking away.

“Guys, last stage for today. Let’s go,” Sungkyu hyung said while clapping his hands.

We all went for last check on outfits, microphones and earpieces.

“INFINITE, fighting,” we cheered and went up to the center stage as the audiences cheered and shouted our names.

We performed like any other performances we had been through. It was a long minutes, every seconds went by slowly. We ended the performance with a great satisfaction, and sweats.

We bowed to the audiences and went down, getting towels to wipe away our sweats.

I went to the dressing room to get changed. Hyojin nuna handed me my clothes.

“Nuna, I need to talk,” I said, while grabbing her hands.

“I guess so. I’ll meet you later,” she stuttered as she got rid of my grip.

I threw a sigh as I turned away.

“Hyung?” Sungjong called out my name. “What are you doing?” he asked as he took a step closer to me.

“No, nothing much,” I shook my head. “Are we going home?” I asked, trying to change the topic.

“Why are you holding Joanne nuna’s hand?” he asked as he stared at me.

“What?” Woohyun hyung freaked out. “You’re doing what?” he asked and looked at Sungjong.

“Oh damn,” I cursed under my breath as I saw the rest of our members were walking towards us.

“I told you, it’s his ex girlfriend,” Myungsoo said, to the guys.

“No, no, none of you correct. Damn it,” I denied and cursed, rubbing my face.

“Then, tell us the truth and correct one,” Sungyeol uttered, casually.

“Yeah, instead of being all secretive,” Dongwoo hyung added.

I sighed and threw a heavy breath. “Joanne nuna is Hyojin, for me. She is Hyemi’s sister,” I told them.

“She is? So, you’re going to meet Hyemi soon,” Dongwoo hyung said, patting my shoulder.

“I hope so,” I said, giving a faint smile. “Can you guys help me?” I asked.

“Sure, yeah,” they said, confirming.

“I want to go out. I need to meet Hyemi, as soon as I can. Please cover up for me,” I pleaded.

“That’s why we’re a team. Go for it,” Sungkyu hyung said, tapping my shoulder, looking into my eyes.

I smiled and ran out, to find Hyojin nuna. When I saw her, I dragged her out.

“We need to talk. Let’s go somewhere,” I said, as I pleaded her.

She agreed, unwillingly. We went to some silent café and sat on the most private area.

“What is it?” she asked. “I don’t have much time,” she said, coldly.

I sighed. “Fine, I’ll go straight to the point,” I said, giving up. “Where’s Hyemi? I want to meet her. Take me to her place,” I begged.

She threw a mocking laugh. “Then, you’ve to book an airplane ticket. Because your Hyemi is in France right now,” she informed me.

“You’re lying, aren’t you?” I asked, as I saw her, sitting uneasily.

“No, I’m not,” she said and went through her hand bag. She took out something.

She threw a picture onto the table. It was the picture of her and Hyemi, in front of Eiffel Tower.

“She’s there, I left her there for studying, two years ago,” she uttered. “And, I don’t hope you to disturb her studies by chasing her,” she continued.

“She looked different,” I mumbled, picking the picture to take a closer look.

That was Hyemi, exactly like how Jiwon hyung had described before.

“You left her for 5 years. She was 15, the last time you saw her,” she said, giving another annoying laugh of hers. “Now, she’s 20 years old girl,” she continued.

“When she’s going to be back?” I asked, looking into her eyes, which I really thought that there was no sign of truth there.

“I don’t know, she’s happy there,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Hoya, face it. She’s not the old Hyemi anymore. She’s not anyone’s special to you. Stop living the past, go to your future. Move on, like she did,” she claimed and got up.

“But, I love her, no matter what,” I muttered, under my breath, causing her to stop. But, after that, she walked away. She left me alone, with the picture of Hyemi, that just killed me on how pale and thin she was in the picture.

No comments: